Sunday, July 5, 2009

Grace Kelly...The Finished Product



Well, here she is. Totally painted not by me. I know you've all been dying for the finished product, so now you can rest easy knowing the job is done.



















Lest you think I can only name my own things, here are the houses in my circle that I have also aptly named. This would be such a cool cocktail party trick, if your cocktail party were outside in your street.
This one here's Audrey Hepburn. Quiet elegance with a little spunk on the side. So lovely inside and out.













Here we have Lauren Bacall. All-American, traditional, and not afraid of a little face lift when necessary.





This is Katharine Hepburn. Plain, straightforward, unassuming, and built to last. She's very low maintenance. In fact, I think I've only ever seen the owners mow the lawn, nothing more.









This one here may be Greta Garbo, because she is hiding behind all those trees and bushes.












This is Elizabeth Taylor. Lusciously beautiful with a European elegance. And don't forget the air of confidence oozing from that landscaping.











This is Maureen O'Hara. She's got beautiful windows and lovely red brick. It kind of makes you long for Ireland just looking at her.












This one here's the biggest one on my block, and I call her Marilyn Monroe. She has star power. She's bold and flashy and has all the bells and whistles. She even has this cute little weathervane. A weathervane! That's like peroxide blonde to me; enviable but unattainable.











Are there houses with personality on your block? I'd love to hear about them.

4 comments:

melanie33 said...

love the finished project. our house, (or the one we are currently residing in) is John Wayne. Quiet, and unassuming, and tough as nails. And you better watch out if you cross it.

mrsmckracken said...

Love it. Jeff wishes our house was John Wayne. He thinks there's too many girls here as it is.

Anonymous said...

If your house is Grace Kelly, then mine is James Brown... small and funky! :)

mrsmckracken said...

And that is every girl's dream, Mo. Less vacuuming!