Tuesday, July 7, 2009

25 Things I Love About Jeff

So, everyone has probably heard of the "25 Random Things About Me" note that is traveling through Facebook. As I was reading through my friends Jon and McCall's blog the other day, I noticed they did these about each other. So clever, I thought, and moved on to the next harried thought in my brain. But then, I thought I should probably do that for my husband because chances are, you've heard me express my frustration with him in the past. However, I want you all to know I adore my husband. Even more than my darling, precious children. So Jeffie, this one's for you.

1. He is superbly gifted in the art of selling. So he always gets his way at home.
2. He is terribly handsome. I always enjoy having a good look at him.
3. We make cute blond, blue-eyed babies. Hence, we call ourselves the Aryan nation.
4. He is supremely confident. Whenever I ask him if he knows how to fix something or can do something requiring skill, he goes, "pssshhh" and says, "Of course I can fix that."
5. He is a fantastic driver. In his own words, "I can drive anything that wears hair."
6. He almost always eats what I make for dinner.
7. He loves our kids. A lot. He's the fun one everyone wants to hang around with and have him powerbomb them onto the couch.
8. He can jump super high on the tramp.
9. He appreciates history and antiques. Nothing old is trash to him.
10. He takes grand care of the vehicles we drive. He even knows how to fix them most of the time.
11. He puts people at ease. People get around Jeff and they start telling him things they haven't even told their bishop yet because they are so relaxed and comfortable. This comes in handy when you are married to a high-strung wife.
12. He always makes me laugh. Even when I'm mad and grumpy, he can always get me to smile.
13. He reads the Book of Mormon every single night.
14. He is tall and can reach the top shelf or the light bulbs anytime. Also comes in handy when your wife is shrimpy.
15. He is strong. I've tried to take him in wrestling, but he always wins.
16. Every time he gets his picture taken, he either makes a serial killer face or a totally goofy one. It's even on his drivers' license. (He chose serial killer that day.)
17. He was brave enough to marry me in the temple. Forever.
18. He loves dogs and babies.
19. He loves music and I love to listen to him play the guitar. If you give him enough time, he can play pretty much any song.
20. He's "The Sharp Dressed Man." He irons his clothes, he combs his hair, he wears cologne, and he takes pride in how he looks.
21. He doesn't have to shave every day.
22. He's a softie and cries real tears every time we watch "Ice Age" and the baby walks to the dad.
23. He has a studly, and accurate, three-point basketball shot.
24. He can kick your butt in golf every day of the week.
25. He's my best friend.

I could go on forever. Love you, babe!

3 comments:

Bonita said...

What a great idea! I think I might have to try this on my personal blog. Your husband sounds like a great guy and his wife isn't too shabby either! He's blessed to have someone who chooses to look at his strengths instead of his weaknesses.

melanie33 said...

oh man... there are 25 things you love about your hubby? i would max out at 5....
but seriously that list of niceness ought to have bought you a date night or something!

Anonymous said...

#8 really? I'm guessing you meant trampoline... :)