Thursday, July 2, 2009

Grace Kelly Gets a Makeover

Everyone knows who Grace Kelly is, right? Of course. The stunning girl-next-door who became an Academy Award Winner and left her Hollywood job to marry a prince and live happily ever after. Well, I'm pleased to say that I have my own Grace Kelly.










This is Grace Kelly. Yes, I named my house. I have a habit of naming inanimate objects. I once had a red hatchback named Norman and I named my super warm sleeping bag Francie. Now I mostly name children, but this house needed a name. She needed a name bad. I think that if something has a name, then it has a heart. Or a personality, I haven't decided which. And when that object isn't working right or it's making you frustrated, you think twice before you curse at it because you don't want to hurt it's feelings. This is especially true with lemony cars...if you curse at them they break down just to spite you.


Grace Kelly was built in 1982, and when we moved in she looked like this:

















I bet you've never seen Grace Kelly looking like that, have you? But she has good bones, lots of heart, and a hidden beauty under all that frumpiness. She just needs a little attention.

So now, our Grace Kelly is getting a facelift outside. We have a nice man named Bjern who is helping as our "stylist" airbrushing away the flaws and bringing her back to her old luster.










Here is a peek at how it's coming along:


Soon she'll be back to this, right where she should be. And if there's a little Audrey Hepburn on the side, that's just fine with me.

3 comments:

melanie33 said...

oh man... i was totally thinking i was going to scroll down to the finished project! You must post pictures of her as soon as you can. Because I live so far away and it would be a TOTAL pain to drive by and see for myself.

JoLayna said...

What happened to the Playboy Mansion? Not personal enough?

Seriously, I have thought of you 10 times over the past 2 days. I want to call, but am crazy and headed out of town. Maybe next week?

mrsmckracken said...

Jojo, you are, as always, welcome anytime. And Mel, if I see you drive up the circle I will start up the Sousa band and welcome you up right.