Thursday, July 2, 2009

The First Crop

So here they are! The first crop of raspberries from my garden. This may seem like a small feat, however, given my giggling and fiendish smile while I was picking them, it's not small potatoes (no pun intended).

The best thing about plants is, they just do what they're supposed to do. No complaining, or whining about that they don't want to grow raspberries, they'd rather grow artichokes. God gave them a job to do and they just do it. They have the tools: sun, dirt, water. That's all they need. Every time I harvest something out of the ground I wonder to myself: am I as obedient as these plants are? How can I be less whiny when God gives me a job to do? I have all the tools: scriptures, faith, family, love. Now I just have to get dirty and do it.
By the way, these were excellent mixed in with some fresh nectarines and a little sugar. Yum!

No comments: