Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Happy New Year's!


In case you didn't know, New Year's is really in late August. Everything is new, everyone is motivated, and there's a new schedule to follow. The only thing we don't have is a new calendar. I should just buy one of those 16-month deals so I can really feel the holiday spirit.
Every year, on New Year's Day, I take a picture of my kids on our front step to show how much they've grown and what they wore on the first day. Too bad we don't live in the same house with the same porch that we lived in when I started this tradition. We have an addition to the New Year's participants this year: child #4. Finally big enough to go to the big kid school, finally big enough for a backpack. It's enough to make you want to throw confetti and have a stiff drink.

2 comments:

melanie33 said...

four down, one to go! WOO-HOOO!

JoLayna said...

"Its the most wonderful time of the year!"