Friday, August 14, 2009

Do you Tweet?


Do you use Twitter? I have been consciously objecting to Twitter since the second I found out Ashton Kutcher used it. I just lost all respect for it. Twitter seems like a vehicle for vapid movie stars and pop singers to project their stupidity upon the general public, whenever they feel like it. And I think the concept is ruining the communication of everyday Americans who must boil down their lives to 140 characters, or however many you get.


That being said, I have also recently been educated as to how using Twitter is a great way to create buzz about your endeavors, whatever they may be. Grudgingly today I signed up for a Twitter account. For the sole purpose of forwarding my cooking blog, mind you. I don't think I'll ever tweet about labor pains or how cool life is while using text lingo. But I will tweet about cooking with cornstarch and fava bean flour. Parmesan cheese and almond meal. So there. If you are a twitterholic, leave a comment and let me know what you love about it. I am open-minded! I want to embrace new technology. Let's just say I've raised the bar pretty high for this technology, and I hope it delivers.


If you want to follow me on Twitter, (I can't believe I just typed that) search for offwheatenpath. If I were more technical, I'd figure out how to put a widget on here or something...

No comments: