Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What I Wore Wednesday: Chapter 3

Sometimes you get the fashion just right and sometimes you realize you bought stupid pants just because the butt was cute and they don't fit your body at all. (See Saturday's entry.) I'm here to tell you it's not the easiest thing in the world to be 5'2" and have the world's shortest legs. I mean, I could be a circus act with those things.
Thursday--aquarium with Rachel and kids

yellow tuxedo shirt: DownEast
white camisole: Down East
light denim capris: Big Star
necklace from Claire's
tan Dansko sandals which are absent from this photo :)
Friday--laundering clothing
pink v neck: Aeropostale
black camisole: DownEast
black pants: Athleta
black sandals: Dansko
Saturday--running errands and generally grumpy because of these stupid pants
white v neck: DownEast
orange tank top: DownEast
belt: Plato's Closet
stupid pants: Aeropostale
shoes: WalMart
necklace: The Pleated Poppy
child: free from the DI *just kidding!*
(Sorry I skipped Sunday but trust me I looked hot)
Monday: trying to go to lunch with husband (fail) and grocery store
blue v neck: Gap
white camisole: DownEast
light blue capris: Big Star
belt: WalMart
shoes: tan dansko sandals
watch band: handmade by diane

Tuesday: Education Week on BYU Campus (they have a dress code so I had to pay attention)
white sweater with rosettes: DownEast
green gathered tshirt: KMart
dark denim capris: Old Navy
shoes: Target
watchband: handmade by diane
necklace: The Pleated Poppy

Wednesday: Education Week on BYU Campus
pink cardi: DownEast
white button down: TJMaxx
white capris: Maurices
green shoes: privo
flower pin: the Pleated Poppy
turquoise bracelet: Kohl's
headband: old belt from Old Navy pants
Thanks for reading and not sniggering at my poochy old mom tummy...


4 comments:

Lola Skw said...

Hey, you look great! Absolutely gorgeous, and if your legs are a bit to the short side, well, so what? Trust me, you look swell.

Greetings from rainy Germany - Lola

Kristin said...

Love your cardigans the last two days. I have the opposite problem - tall with long legs. We could be a circus act together!

courtneyricole said...

I also have the issue of short legs, but I am only 5'0" (if I stretch my neck!) - I am partial to skirts and dresses and that's how I deal with it. As it gets cooler I'll wear more pants, but I agree that it is so hard to find pants that are flattering on a petite body!

Mommy Moxie said...

I remember going to Education Week back in the day and fretting because of dress code! I'm 5'11" and back in the 90's shorts weren't as long-in fact, when I was at BYU they would kick me out of the testing center for my shorts being too short. Darn dress code, but you look great!